Within this article you can find a summary of what happened in this week within the United States stock market. In particular, you can find 5 types of information:
- Weekly performance and performance of the 5 winners and losers of the best stock indices in the world.
- Weekly performance of the S&P 500 sectors.
- Weekly performance of the so-called FAANGs, or 5 of the most important companies listed on the US stock market.
- Companies that have reached a New All-Time Highs and Lows with some key information about them (Market Capitalization, annual Sales, annual Net Income and Annual Dividend Yield).
- The 5 winners and the 5 losers who released the quarterly report this week. Also highlighting the expected EPS, reported and the related Surprise, that is how much the EPS expected by analysts were beaten / missed.
Performance of the best indices and components
The Weekly performance and performance of the 5 winners and losers of the following indices:
- S&P 500:
- index of the 500 largest U.S. publicly traded companies.
- NASDAQ 100:
- index of the largest non-financial companies listed on the NASDAQ.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average:
- index of 30 United States bluechip companies.
S&P 500 sectors performance
The Weekly performance of the S&P 500 sectors:
The weekly performance of the so-called FAANGs, or 5 of the most important companies listed on the US stock market:
- Facebook (F)
- Apple (A)
- Amazon (A)
- Netflix (N)
- Google (G)
NEW All-Time Highs and Lows
The screen shows some of the companies that reached a NEW historical HIGH (or LOW) and some key information about them (Market Capitalization, annual Sales, annual Net Income and Annual Dividend Yield).
If a company is at an all-time high, it means that it has currently reached a value that it had never been able to achieve before, so it is a clear sign of the company’s strength.
On the other hand, a company that sets a record low means that it never reached such a low value, a clear sign of weakness.
Earnings Releases – 5 winners and 5 losers of the week
On the screen it is possible to find the 5 best / worst reactions to the publication of the quarterly report by the companies that released it within this week.
In addition, the EPS with respect to those forecast by the analysts with the relative “% Surprise” are shown, ie how much the reported EPS were better / worse than analysts’ expectations.
Do you want to stay updated on all the analysis published?
This analysis provides you with a useful informative tool of what happened during the week. If you are interested in more specific analysis like my scorecard analysis go here, for the earnings report analysis go here, to know the best daily charts patterns go here.
To learn about all the types of analysis you find on BullDude.com click here
Sources & additional info
If you liked this analysis, share it on Twitter or Facebook with the 2 buttons at the top or bottom of the page!!!
DISCLAIMER: The information in this blog post represents my own analysis/opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment.