This Score-Card analysis of Match Group Inc (MTCH) attributes an Overall Score to a company by analyzing several aspects that I consider to be among the most important.
In summary, a company to have an overall score close to 100% must have the following characteristics:
- Report high growth rates in the last 3 years (and in the last quarter) in terms of Revenue, Gross Profit, Operating Income and Net Income. Furthermore, it must operate with high and improving margins in recent years.
- Analysts expect Earnings Per Share (EPS) and revenues to grow in the short term (in the next quarter) and in the medium to long term (in the next 5 years). Moreover, they expect the company to be undervalued at current prices and in the last quarter their EPS expectations must have been beaten with a consequent rise in share prices.
- The stock price of the company must have outperformed the S&P 500 index and in the last 3 months the Hedge Funds and Insiders bought shares in the company.
The overall score ranges from 0% (if the characteristics listed above are all very negative) to +100% and it is unlikely that there will be a company with a +100% score because the requirements for achieving this score are very high, however a score higher than +70% can be considered good.
The purpose of this analysis is purely informative.
Score-Card analysis of Match Group Inc (MTCH)
- Triple performance compared to the S&P 500 index since the beginning of 2019
- Double-digit EPS annual growth for the next 5 years
- $ 2 billion in Revenue, +100% in the past 3 years
- $ 500 million in Net Income with a 26% Net Margin
- In the last quarter Hedge Funds increased their positions by 1.5 million shares
Match Group Inc is an American Internet company that owns and operates several online dating web sites including OkCupid, PlentyOfFish, Tinder, Hinge and Match.com.
The overall score of MTCH is 79,8% .
In the last 6 months, MTCH has overperformed the S&P500 index by 8,4% and analysts believe the company is undervalued by 6,1% .
In the last quarter, the company reported revenue of 541,5 million, up by 22,0% compared to the same quarter 12 months earlier. Revenue TTM (Trailing-12-Months) are equal to 1961,4 million, up by 115,6% in the last 3 years.
MTCH reported an operating income of 176,6 million in the last quarter, an improvement of 26,2% compared to the same quarter 12 months earlier, also reporting an improvement of 3,5% in the operating margin. Considering the sum of the last four quarters (TTM), MTCH reports an operating income of 619,3 Million , a growth of 190,8% compared to three years ago and an improvement of 34,9% in the operating margin.
MTCH reported a net income of 151,5 million in the last quarter, an improvement of 19,0% compared to the same quarter 12 months earlier, also reporting an improvement of -2,4% in the net margin. The TTM net income is 517,9 million , a growth of 289,1% compared to three years ago and the net margin has improved by 80,5% .
In the next quarter, analysts expect growth in EPS (Earnings Per Share) of 2,3% and a growth in revenue of 20,9% . Furthermore, they expect an annual growth of MTCH EPS by 16,8% for the next 5 years.
In the last quarter, MTCH reported better EPS than analysts’ expectations and the stock price reacted by decreasing by -2,5% .
Finally, in the last quarter the Hedge Funds have increased their positions by 1.5M shares.
Want to know what other types of analysis are available on BullDude.com?
Click here to find out !!!
This analysis considers numerical data to understand whether a company is good or not based on business growth and whether analysts are positive about it.
If you are interested in identifying a potential entry point, I am waiting for you here to discover the best “buy the dip”, the best companies that follow the “Buy High, Sell Higher” theory or the best chart patterns of the day.
Alternatively, if you are interested in statistical analysis before the publication of the earnings report, an analysis of the quarterly report results released or an analysis of the top 20 companies that release the earnings report during the week, I am waiting for you here.
Do you want to stay updated on all the analysis published?Follow @BulldudeC
Sources & additional info
*The comparison with the S&P 500 index (black line) is visible inside the graph.
*Information updated to the last quarterly report available
*Data in Millions of Dollars
*Data from zacks.com, tipranks.com, reuters.com, finance.yahoo.com
*Company information from wikipedia.com
DISCLAIMER: The information in this blog post represents my own analysis/opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. Stocks trading involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for every investor. Trade responsibly.