Within this article you can find a weekly summary of what happened within the United States stock market. In particular, you can find 5 types of information:
- Weekly performance and performance of the 5 winners and losers of the best stock indices in the world.
- Weekly performance of the S&P 500 sectors.
- FAANGs weekly performance, or 5 of the most important companies listed on the US stock market.
- Companies that have reached a New All-Time Highs and Lows.
- The 5 winners and the 5 losers who released the quarterly report this week. Also highlighting the expected EPS, reported and the related Surprise, that is how much the EPS expected by analysts were beaten / missed.
The purpose of this analysis is purely informative.
Performance of the best indices and components
The Weekly performance and performance of the 5 winners and losers of the following indices:
- S&P 500:
- index of the 500 largest U.S. publicly traded companies.
- NASDAQ 100:
- index of the largest non-financial companies listed on the NASDAQ.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average:
- index of 30 United States bluechip companies.
S&P 500 sectors performance
The Weekly performance of the S&P 500 sectors:
The weekly performance of the so-called FAANGs, or 5 of the most important companies listed on the US stock market:
- Facebook (F)
- Apple (A)
- Amazon (A)
- Netflix (N)
- Google (G)
NEW All-Time Highs and Lows
The screen shows some of the companies that reached a NEW historical HIGH (or LOW) and some key information about them (Industry, Market Capitalization and Annual Dividend Yield).
If a company is at an all-time high, it means that it has currently reached a value that it had never been able to achieve before, so it is a clear sign of the company’s strength.
On the other hand, a company that sets a record low means that it never reached such a low value, a clear sign of weakness.
Earnings Releases – 5 winners and 5 losers of the week
On the screen it is possible to find the 5 best / worst reactions to the publication of the quarterly report by the companies that released it within this week.
In addition, the EPS with respect to those forecast by the analysts with the relative “% Surprise” are shown, ie how much the reported EPS were better / worse than analysts’ expectations.
Want to know what other types of analysis are available on BullDude.com?
Click here to find out !!!
This weekly summary of the United States stock market provides you a useful informative tool.
If you are interested in statistical analysis before the publication of the earnings report, an analysis of the quarterly report results released or an analysis of the top 20 companies that release the earnings report during the week, I am waiting for you here.
Alternatively, if you are interested in a overall analysis of companies taking into account different types of data (including business growth, analysts expectations and transactions made by Hedge Funds / Insiders), summarizing all this information in a simple score, I am waiting for you here for my Score-Card analysis.
Do you want to stay updated on all the analysis published?Follow @BulldudeC
Sources & additional info
*Indices, components, FAANGs, sectors performance and all-time highs/lows by barchart.com
*FAANGs Logos by Wikipedia.com
*EPS surprise and stock price reactions by zacks.com
DISCLAIMER: The information in this blog post represents my own analysis/opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. Stocks trading involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for every investor. Trade responsibly.