Within this analysis we focus on the most interesting stocks that have released the earnings reports in the past week:
- Walt Disney Company (DIS)
- Industry: Media Conglomerates
- Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO)
- Industry: Computer – Networks
- Pinduoduo Inc (PDD)
- Industry: Internet Commerce
- McDonald’s Corp (MCD)
- Industry: Retail – Restaurants
- Beyond Meat Inc (BYND)
- Industry: Food – Meat Products
This analysis is divided into 2 parts.
In the first part “Latest Earnings Reports – Last Quarter data” you will find the business data released by the companies in the latest earnings report, the EPS surprise (how much analysts’ expectations have been beaten) and the relative stock price reaction.
In the second part “Annual Data TTM (Trailing 12-Months)“ you will find the annual business data of the companies, in order to understand the performance of the companies in the last 3 years and not only in the last quarter as shown in the previous section.
The information in this article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.
Latest Earnings Reports – Last Quarter data
This first part illustrates the most important data to know about the latest earnings report just released. In particular, the following information is shown in the table:
- EPS surprise:
- indicates how much the EPS (Earnings-Per-Share) reported were higher / lower than analysts’ expectations
- Stock price reaction:
- indicates the reaction of the stock price on the day of publication of the earnings report
- Last quarter Revenue/Net Income:
- indicates the quarterly revenue and net income reported in the earnings report just released and the percentage of growth / decrease compared to the same quarter of the previous year, useful to understand if the company has grown compared to last year
*Data in Millions of USD
To conclude this first part, below you will find a chart containing the trend of the stock price (Year-To-Date) of the companies analyzed in this article. This chart is useful to understand which companies are growing the most, especially compared to the main US stock index, the S&P 500 (red line).
Annual Data TTM (Trailing 12-Months)
In the previous section we checked the trend of the main business data of the companies in the last quarter, especially to see if they have grown compared to last year. Clearly, this is not complete information because a company may have increased profits in the last quarter (compared to the same quarter last year), but it could be 3 years that it is falling year after year.
Precisely for this reason, in the table below you will find in the “Revenue TTM” and “Net Income TTM” columns the data of the last year (TTM, or the sum of the last 4 quarters) and in the “3 years Growth” column the rate of growth or decrease compared to the same data 3 years ago. So it is very easy to check if the company is growing in the short term (last quarter, visible in the previous section) and in the medium to long term (annual data, this section).
*Data in Millions of USD
“Membership” is required to unlock tables
Do you have an active Free-Trial or Membership?
Don’t miss an update, join the…